Standard Terms for the Purchase of Online Courses
These terms and conditions apply to Services provided the Canadian Critical Incident Stress Foundation Inc, (CCISF), 70 Unsworth Drive, Unit 4, Hamilton Ontario L8W 3K4
You may contact us at email@example.com and/or 289-239-7978
These terms and conditions are in addition to the Website Disclaimer and apply to the sale of any Online Course. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before purchasing an Online Course and print off a copy for your records.
For purchases via our website, by clicking on the “Accept” button you agree to the terms of this agreement which will bind you. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you must cease to continue to purchase any services from us
“Confidential Information” means information provided by one party to the other in written, graphic, recorded, machine readable or other form concerning the business, clients, suppliers, finances and other areas of the other party’s business or products, including, without limitation, the Course Materials, but does not include information in the public domain other than through the default of the party disclosing the information, information required to be disclosed by any court or regulatory authority, or any information already in the possession or control of the disclosing party.
“Course Materials” means the information provided by the Canadian Critical Incident Stress Foundation Inc. accompany a course provided as part of the Services in hard copy or electronic form.
“Fees” means the fees paid by you to the Canadian Critical Incident Stress Foundation Inc.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means copyright, rights in or relating to databases, patent rights, performers’ rights, designs and registered designs, trademarks, rights in or relating to Confidential Information and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) throughout the world.
“Online Course” means the delivery by us of an online course pursuant to which you learn course materials remotely.
“Services” means the provision of the Online Course and/or Course Materials together with such other services as agreed from time to time and purchased by you through the Website or by telephone.
“Taught Course” means a course taught by us in a classroom setting to which you attend in person.
“You” means the individual purchasing the Services.
- A description of the Services together with the dates on which the Services will begin are available on our Website. We will provide the Services with reasonable care and skill in accordance with the description set out on the Website.
- We reserve the right to vary or withdraw any of the Services described on the Website without notice.
- We expect you to confirm that the Services you are purchasing will meet your needs. We do not make any guarantee to you that you will obtain a particular result, professional qualification or employment opportunity from your purchase and completion of any of the Services.
Purchasing Services via the Website
- To purchase any of the Services on-line you must register for an account with us via the Website. If you already have an account with us, you can log into your account using your username and password.
- When you place an order for a Service via the Website, you are offering to purchase the Services on these terms and conditions. The CCISF reserves the right to cancel or decline your order or any part of your order at any time until it has been confirmed in accordance with clause the below.
A legally binding agreement between us and you shall come into existence when we have:
(a) accepted your offer to purchase Services from us by sending you an email confirming the purchase; and
(b) received payment of the relevant Fees from you in accordance with the fee clause.
- Following receipt by us of your order for Services via the Website we will send you a confirming receipt of your order.
- Where your order consists of multiple Online Courses, each individual course will be treated by us as a separate offer to purchase.
- The Fees for the Services shall be as set out on the Website at the time you placed an order for them.
- Fees or the Service selected by you on the Website shall be debited from your credit / debit card or PayPal account at the time of purchase. Fees must be paid in full prior to you accessing any Online Course.
- Any fees charged by your debit or credit card provider in connection with your purchase of Services are for your own account and the CCISF shall not be responsible for these fees.
- You shall be responsible for all costs you incur in connection with your attendance or your access onto any Online Course.
Refunds for online courses are only given under the following circumstances:
- The student/user did not access any portion of the online course AND the student/user requests a refund, in writing via email within 24 hours from the date of the registration (email notification sent).
- There will be no refunds for any online courses once a course has been accessed in any manner.
- A full refund will be issued less an administrative fee of $10.00
Please understand that with the enrollment and accessing of your online course, you have read and agree to the refund policy.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Online training courses may NOT be transferred to another student.
- Students have 90 days (3-months) to complete an online course.
- Orders placed with a “Corporate Account” or “Discount Code” are NOT eligible for a refund, cancellation, or transfer. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Course Extension Policy:
- Students have 90 days from the date of registration to complete all online courses. Students may request a 1-month extension provided the request is made BEFORE the training course expires.
If you do not complete your course within the time frame specified, there will be additional fees for extended access.
- Each party shall keep the other party’s Confidential Information strictly confidential and not use it otherwise than for the purposes of these terms and conditions and shall return it on demand and not retain copies of it.
- Either party may disclose Confidential Information to its legal and other advisors for the purposes of obtaining advice from them.
- This clause shall continue notwithstanding termination of these terms and conditions.
- Organizations paying for employees will have the right to request completion reports of the students they have registered.
Links to external websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. The Canadian Critical Incident Stress Foundation has not reviewed all of these external websites, does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. If you decide to access any of the external websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
The Course Materials provided at this Website are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. The Canadian Critical Incident Stress Foundation further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the Course Materials at this Website. The Canadian Critical incident Stress Foundation may make changes to the Course Materials at this Website, or to the services and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The Course Materials at this Website are continuously monitored; however, the Canadian Critical Incident Stress Foundation makes no commitment to update the Course Materials at this Website.
You can contact us by any of the following methods:
Canadian Critical Incident Stress Foundation